Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Camping in August

On the second weekend in August, we went camping with my parents up Nephi Canyon. It is so much work to get ready for camping, and I was worried that John wasn't going to make it because of work. But I did it, and John even made it! It was so fun to sit back and enjoy time as a family without stuff to do and things getting in the way.

Grandpa took Erin and Devin fishing (for a whole 5 minutes, cause there weren't any fish there).

We walked to the creek and threw stones in (Colin's favorite thing to do).



We had a fire going all day on Saturday, cause it was cold!!!



Erin and Devin found some swings to play on.


I made my first dish in the dutch oven ever. We got this dutch oven for our wedding 10 years ago and we've never used it til now. I made peach cobbler and it was awesome!!!!! I won't hesitate to use it again next time.


Colin loved just checking out the trucks. He was even more interested when Grandpa started telling him what everything is.



Erin decided that she found the perfect "Lion's Den" in some grass and convinced her brothers and even her Dad to play along with her. It was so much fun to watch, that I decided to share a little bit of it with you.



These are just some more of our favorite pictures of camping/relaxing.

4 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

Cute Pictures Marcy! Collin is getting even more social I love it!

vicki said...

You make camping look like fun (I'm actually not a fan so that's a real compliment!). Such great summer memories. I hope that you all are doing well!

Andrea said...

Once you got there it seems very relaxing and looks so pretty. Maybe one day I will try it.

Valerie S said...

Glad you got some camping in before school started. For your kids those are the best memeories. And Erin is a hoot. What a great lion she was! LOL