Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yard completed

Our yard was completely finished about the second week of June. I love having a place where my kids can go out and play. They love it too. The other day, Devin was saying his prayers and he thanked Heavenly Father for our new fence and our new yard "cause its so esciting". It was so sweet and great to know that he appreciates it. Since we had a nice new yard, I wanted something out there for the kids to play on. And because work's been so hectic for John lately, I knew I'd be waiting for a while. I decided to start to put it together myself. Well, I did it little by little in the garage, when I had time and then John helped me carry it out back. I am so proud of myself! The kids were pretty impressed too. One of the neighbor girls came over when I was working on it and said, "I didn't know moms did work with tools." Well, the kids love the swings, and it was worth every sore muscle.

My parents stayed with us for a couple of nights while Erin was off track this month, and they decided to take us to the Living Planet Aquarium. (This picture is of my favorite, Turtles.)
Well, I have never seen Colin more excited! He loved the fish! And he loved walking from tank to tank like a big boy. If I'd known he'd love it so much I would have taken him sooner! (This picture's blurry, cause I had it on the wrong mode, and he kept moving so fast back and forth to see the fish.)

4 comments:

vicki said...

Your yard is fab-o! I can't believe you put that swing together. We have a similar one and I just paid somebody to put it together because Duane didn't have the time and there was NO WAY that I was going to be able to figure it out. I highly recommend anchors if you have not already put them on. Enjoy!

Stacy said...

How fun!!

So jealous about your yard! I wish ours was done!

Valerie S said...

Your yard is gorgeous. so happy for you to have someplace the kids can go play and you don't have to worry about them. I'm impressed with the whole swing set story. Way to go!

Unknown said...

Looks wonderful. I bet it is nice to finally have it completed. Actually I am sure the kids are even happier!!!